New Century Academy Student Council
Please refer to the ***New User Assistance*** sub-forum for help registering.

Meeting Agenda from 1.12.16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting Agenda from 1.12.16

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Good Evening!! On Tuesday at the student council meeting we talked about a couple different things: our clothing drive through the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) (More info will come later), the Culvers fundriaser (Remind your advisories!!), the Talent show on Jan 26 (Sign up is at the front desk, remind them of this too), the Sadie's dance on Feb 12, and the "Crush On You" fundraiser (Flowers and Crush pop  I love you ). If you have any questions about specific details just let me know!

Alexis elephant
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meeting Agenda from 1.12.16

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:33 pm

Are we going to have student council next week? I'm sure we could do it during the advisory time we have then?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Princess Kaitlyn queen Wink
PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:37 pm

kaitlynn8849 wrote:Are we going to have student council next week? I'm sure we could do it during the advisory time we have then?
No, Mr. Mock said we will possibly the week after.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello, I am an NCA student wishing to influence a new direction for the student council.
If you're new here, please review our rules here
If you are on the student council, are a staff member, or are a student at NCA then follow the link here.
I'm currently looking for any would be Moderators or Administrators.
If you have any background in the website Forumotion with forum running know-how as well as having any concerns or questions then please contact me here: studentcouncilforum@gmail.com
Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

View user profile http://ncastudentcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Just a reminder to report any issues with the forum here: http://ncastudentcouncil.forumotion.com/f14-moderation Smile

Hello, I am an NCA student wishing to influence a new direction for the student council.
If you are on the student council, are a staff member, or are a student at NCA then follow the link here.
If you have any background in the website Forumotion with forum running know-how as well as having any concerns or questions then please contact me here: studentcouncilforum@gmail.com
Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Darn, We should look into new fundraisers we can do as a school out in the community for the next meeting or we should talk about it at the next meeting. Either way.

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:44 pm

PrincessKait wrote:Darn, We should look into new fundraisers we can do as a school out in the community for the next meeting or we should talk about it at the next meeting. Either way.
We could bring some potential ideas up here and refine them to add to the agenda list for the Tuesday meetings.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:46 pm

I think that looking at fundraisers would be a good idea. The carnival one is an option too. We'd just need to get everything finalized and approved. That is, if a carnival sounds like a good idea yet. The one issue is finding people to work it... but we did say free food if you'd work it all day..

elephant
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:56 pm

I want to do the carnival, but the month that we wanted we couldn't make happen. We could probably do March or something. I know I would work it, and I like food. But we all know that. tongue lol!

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Oh & when are we starting that whole "crush" fundraiser? Monday?

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:I think that looking at fundraisers would be a good idea. The carnival one is an option too. We'd just need to get everything finalized and approved.  That is, if a carnival sounds like a good idea yet. The one issue is finding people to work it... but we did say free food if you'd work it all day..

elephant

PrincessKait wrote:I want to do the carnival,  but the month that we wanted we couldn't make happen. We could probably do March or something. I know I would work it, and I like food. But we all know that. tongue lol!

If we plan it a good amount of time ahead then it will be a much better chance at working. We just need the time and interest.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:04 pm

The "Crush On You" fundraiser would probably start on Feb 1 and go until Feb 5. We need to order the flowers so we need enough time before Feb 12.

I think seeing if there is an interest in doing a carnival would be good. We have a lot of the basics planned. We ran into the issue of what games we would have there. Would May be super late? In March we have Spring Break..
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:10 pm

We should probably do it later this month than, It's going to take longer than a week. depending on which flowers and how many but. & we will have to go shopping for the pop, which you and I can do when we go shopping with Grina. We will have to find a new hour to do that by the way. & I dont think may's too late, but if we're going to do it we need to get on it.

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:14 pm

I will talk to Mr. Mock tomorrow to see his thoughts on the Crush On You fundraiser. As far as the pop goes, we talked about the glass bottles. Those we'd need to order online.

Nick, do you think May would work for the carnival? There is May 7, 14, or 21.. the 21 is the Sat before E-Term. It would give us enough time to put the word out there and plan games and find people willing to work it.
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:16 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:Nick, do you think May would work for the carnival? There is May 7, 14, or 21.. the 21 is the Sat before E-Term. It would give us enough time to put the word out there and plan games and find people willing to work it.
Yeah, it's literally the best and latest date. Plus with the fact that spring weather is a ton better suitable for families to travel and relax in.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:19 pm

We could have a bouncy house outside if we did it in late spring Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:20 pm

PrincessKait wrote:We could have a bouncy house outside if we did it in late spring Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Where are you going to find a bouncy house? xD

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:21 pm

Sounds good!! Now just to pick a date. We can check to see if it is open or if Mr. Becker okays it. Very Happy   And we can price everything out and book stuff if we need to. There's places around town I think that rent out bouncy houses.
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:27 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:Sounds good!! Now just to pick a date. We can check to see if it is open or if Mr. Becker okays it. Very Happy   And we can price everything out and book stuff if we need to. There's places around town I think that rent out bouncy houses.
Cool, we'll have to bring it up with the full council then, unfortunately more than a week from now.

I'd say we campaign for volunteers, people that are going to be attending for sure just to see the numbers for food, drinks, activity space, etc.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Also, we will be having the meeting next week on the forum so there's time for us to finalize things here before sharing them at school.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:32 pm

I will put it on the agenda for the next meeting. I think that finding volunteers now would be a really good idea. I think the volunteers should wear bright colors so that if anyone has questions or a problem the "workers" are easier to find..
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:36 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:I will put it on the agenda for the next meeting. I think that finding volunteers now would be a really good idea. I think the volunteers should wear bright colors so that if anyone has questions or a problem the "workers" are easier to find..
If we could find the right place, I wonder if we could get lanyards with "volunteer" and "carnival staff" badges of some sort.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:38 pm

I want a lanyard. omg

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:40 pm

We could see how much it would cost through the guy we are ordering apparel from.. I think that would work too. I will do some looking around.
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:40 pm

PrincessKait wrote:I want a lanyard. omg
If we find some at let's say the dollar store then we all could potentially.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:We could see how much it would cost through the guy we are ordering apparel from.. I think that would work too. I will do some looking around.

NCA lanyards!!!! Very Happy

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:43 pm

That is exactly what they'd be!
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:That is exactly what they'd be!
We need a fundraiser to support the purchase.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:45 pm

We have a lot of money in the student council account, plus we will be doing a fundraiser late march

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:51 pm

PrincessKait wrote:We have a lot of money in the student council account, plus we will be doing a fundraiser late march
Alright. We'll have to make sure how many people will be volunteering for the event for sure. We need to figure out how many student council members will be attending to help as well.

Any ideas on badges?

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:53 pm

I have prices that I can show you guys tomorrow during advisory for lanyards if you'd like... It would be super cheap from what I understand. The best option. Once we have the specific date we can start finding volunteers. I'd say have that figured out by mid March. But the sooner the better, we'd just need to remind them once or twice a month
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:56 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:I have prices that I can show you guys tomorrow during advisory for lanyards if you'd like... It would be super cheap from what I understand. The best option. Once we have the specific date we can start finding volunteers. I'd say have that figured out by mid March. But the sooner the better, we'd just need to remind them once or twice a month
Sounds great!

If anyone has anything else they need to add or talk about, I'm pretty sure we can call this meeting to a close.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:58 pm

I think we'd be fine calling it done. We did a wonderful job tonight, I think!

Have a good night. I'll see you guys in the morning.
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:02 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:I think we'd be fine calling it done. We did a wonderful job tonight, I think!

Have a good night. I'll see you guys in the morning.
Thank you for participating! We did do a fine job!

You as well. See you all tomorrow! Very Happy

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Topic locked, please be directed to most recent thread.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum