New Century Academy Student Council
Please refer to the ***New User Assistance*** sub-forum for help registering.

Meeting Agenda from 1.21.16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting Agenda from 1.21.16

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:40 am

Hello, remember Culvers on Jan 25. Remind people in your advisory! The only topic for tonight that I have is the Carnival. Of course though, I am open to whatever else needs to be talked about.
First, we need to pick a date for the carnival: May 7 or 14? We will pick our date and I can clear it with Becker Jan 22 (tomorrow).
Lanyards for the volunteers will be a thing, but we'll order those when we know how many we need.
Next, we need to decide if we want to have NDMA join us in planning the carnival (that'd include splitting funds) or if we just want to invite NDMA families/students/staff whatever. The carnival will be open to the public, it's not just going for NCA students/families/staff.

Thanks a bunch! elephant

Last edited by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:12 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : My phone messed up the post. But it's all good now!!)
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meeting Agenda from 1.21.16

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:
First, we need to pick a date for the carnival: May 7 or 14? We will pick our date and I can clear it with Becker Jan 22 (tomorrow).
I'd say the 14th as it's a bit farther a away so more time to plan.

Alexis Grack wrote:  
Lanyards for the volunteers will be a thing, but we'll order those when we know how many we need.
We'll need to get the official numbers otherwise we may have to eye-ball it.

Alexis Grack wrote:
Next, we need to decide if we want to have NDMA join us in planning the carnival (that'd include splitting funds) or if we just want to invite NDMA families/students/staff whatever.
I'd keep it separate but allow them to participate.

Alexis Grack wrote:
The carnival will be open to the public, it's not just going for NCA students/families/staff.
Smile

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello, I am an NCA student wishing to influence a new direction for the student council.
If you're new here, please review our rules here
If you are on the student council, are a staff member, or are a student at NCA then follow the link here.
I'm currently looking for any would be Moderators or Administrators.
If you have any background in the website Forumotion with forum running know-how as well as having any concerns or questions then please contact me here: studentcouncilforum@gmail.com
Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

View user profile http://ncastudentcouncil.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:35 pm

So, I think we should do the 14th as well, but we need to make sure it's actually fun/ entertaining and I don't want to separate it, only because planning with one school is hard enough as it is. I think we should have a sheet somewhere for people to write down ideas for games though
queen queen queen

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Princess Kaitlyn queen Wink
PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:41 pm

If we plan with them, we need to split the funds. I think it'd be better to just advertise to their students and families. A sheet for game ideas sounds good. We'll do that in like Feb-Mar.
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:46 pm

I mean as long as we hard core let people know about it, we shouldnt have to work with them. We need to figure out what is needed for walmart or wherever we need to go because we need stuff for the school store and i dont know that ms. grina wants to go on two separate trips within like a week or two

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:49 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:If we plan with them, we need to split the funds. I think it'd be better to just advertise to their students and families. A sheet for game ideas sounds good. We'll do that in like Feb-Mar.
Game idea sheet sounds cool as well!

PrincessKait wrote:I mean as long as we hard core let people know about it, we shouldnt have to work with them. We need to figure out what is needed for walmart or wherever we need to go because we need stuff for the school store and i dont know that ms. grina wants to go on two separate trips within like a week or two
That's something we'll really have to press at the upcoming student council meeting.

Hello, I am an NCA student wishing to influence a new direction for the student council.
If you are on the student council, are a staff member, or are a student at NCA then follow the link here.
If you have any background in the website Forumotion with forum running know-how as well as having any concerns or questions then please contact me here: studentcouncilforum@gmail.com
Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:51 pm

We're not going to need anything until March. April at the latest. It would be too early to get food. And as far as posters go, those shouldn't go up until we have more details.

What times do we want to do it? 12-4, 11-3?? Any other time suggestions?

As far as the student council meeting goes, we will just mention it. I'm not going to put the carnival on the agenda until closer to the time. We'll just plan on here, people can leave there ideas on the forum. Unless Mock says otherwise; he's the teacher.
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:54 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:We're not going to need anything until March. April at the latest. It would be too early to get food. And as far as posters go, those shouldn't go up until we have more details.

What times do we want to do it? 12-4, 11-3?? Any other time suggestions?

As far as the student council meeting goes, we will just mention it. I'm not going to put the carnival on the agenda until closer to the time. We'll just plan on here, people can leave there ideas on the forum. Unless Mock says otherwise; he's the teacher.
I'd say 12-4 as it's after lunch time and people have already eaten.

Sounds good!

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:We're not going to need anything until March. April at the latest. It would be too early to get food. And as far as posters go, those shouldn't go up until we have more details.
I was talking about for the upcoming dance buuuut
PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:00 pm

I think we should still serve hot dogs though. People eat around noon. Or we could order Pizza. We can see which places can give us the best discount. I don't know, if you guys don't like either idea that's fine, I just think we should serve some sort of meal...

As for the dance, OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH. We'll figure that out at the student council meeting and then go shopping sometime next week hopefully.
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:00 pm

PrincessKait wrote:
I was talking about for the upcoming dance buuuut
xD

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:01 pm

Alexis Grack wrote:I think we should still serve hot dogs though. People eat around noon. Or we could order Pizza. We can see which places can give us the best discount. I don't know, if you guys don't like either idea that's fine, I just think we should serve some sort of meal...

As for the dance, OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH. We'll figure that out at the student council meeting and then go shopping sometime next week hopefully.
I like it. Smile

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:15 pm

From originally trying to plan the carnival this is the prices we came up with: $1 - 5tickets, $10 – Wristband (all games), $15 – Wristband (includes food). Does this sound good?
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:17 pm

We should have pizza tbh afro

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Yeah!

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:19 pm

Pizza is always a good idea.
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:20 pm

So, uhm, PRINCESS KAIT for VP. Anyways, with the bouncy house how far in advance do you think you need to book that?

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:25 pm

I'd say as soon as the date is confirmed and it's okayed that we can have a bouncy house. We also need to look at prices.
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:25 pm

I just emailed a bouncy house place for details... one of theirs comes with fricken lazer tag. like ohmigoodness.

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Where is the place out of?
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:35 pm

I didn't look, but they deliver to like literally everywhere there was a huge list of places, it didnt say hutch so i asked about that in my message. But All surrounding towns were on there so

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Okay. How did the prices for the tickets look? We can keep them the same or charge more for them..
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Uhm, depending on what bouncy house or whatever we should look into that, because they're not too cheap. I mean they're not super expensive either

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:12 pm

We would have to have a full time volunteer to watch the bouncy house as well as only having a three person limit.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Grack on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:13 pm

Right. We'll see what comes to light about bouncy houses this next few days and talk more about that next Thursday.
Alexis Grack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessKait on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:39 pm

True .

PrincessKait

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nik Lodermeier on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:44 pm

I suppose this meeting can now be considered closed.

Nik Lodermeier
Administrator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum